19.1.13

Le Ski - Day 1

I awoke this morning at 6.00am, a time I am not usually accustomed to seeing that much, but this morning being one of the first people on the streets was a rare joy. Usually I find the winter morning darkness and abandoned streets eerily lonely and bleak, and walk the metro cursing my alarm and the cold wind for waking me from my sleepy-state. A fresh white blanket of pure white, marshmallow snow covered the ground and dragging my suitcase creating tracks through the snow was a delight. I stopped to take a few snaps of early morning Paris in the snow. 




After my horrendously early start I was more than happy to curl up on the TGV until I arrived in Geneve and I woke up just in time to see spectacular views of the French alps. The mountain air and beautiful scenery is the perfect remedy to the hustle and bustle of busy city life. Nothing relaxes me more than being back in my second home in the beautiful village of Samoens. Definitely worth a visit, trust me on this one. The rest of the afternoon was spent preparing for what promises to be a fantastic days skiing tomorrow, fresh powder, empty pistes and hopefully a bit of sunshine! Bring on le ski but most importantly, bring on the apres. 

(Of course, I also managed to find some gorgeous rustic Savoie bread and pastries) 







Mood- Ready, so ready! 


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x